Join the Global Wave Team
Come work with us! We’re a fast-growing agency that is always on the lookout for great people! We’re passionate about building movements globally to drive social change. Even if you don’t see a position below that’s a perfect match, reach out via email@example.com so we can connect.
Social Media Strategist
We are seeking a social media campaign strategist who is passionate about building advocacy movements in countries across the world.
This is an awesome junior to mid-level role for someone who has experience building and managing social media channels and running social ads in an advocacy setting and is excited to apply that knowledge to different movements globally.
Global Wave Digital works in over 50 countries with organizations to drive social change. Our work focuses on issue advocacy in policy areas such public health, human rights and environmental protection.
Why This Job is Pretty Great
- Small agency environment with big-time client work
- You’ll support a diverse collection of organizations from a wide variety of of countries—no agency works in more varied geographies—from Indonesia to India to Uganda to Ukraine
- Our issue portfolio takes on some of the largest issues globally—the campaigns you work on will have major impact for decades to come
- We’re inspired by the groups we work with helping them build their own digital advocacy capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Political Science or relevant field
- Must have 2-4 years professional experience in managing social media campaigns/communities, including building digital movements to advocate against a policy or electoral goal
- Must have experience managing and tracking social media paid advertising campaigns, specifically on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Strong understanding of monitoring and evaluation methods for social media campaigns, including tracking of advertising results via analytics platforms such as Social Bakers, Hootsuite, Sprout Social etc.
- Strong understanding of social media management, email/CRM-based engagement, mobile SMS-campaign, web-based engagement and/or online-to-offline activity
- Experience managing campaign advocates, volunteers, bonus if you’ve worked supporting influencer networks for advocacy
- Experience working in a client-support setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially around digital campaign
- Interest and knowledge of the global social media landscape, with particular emphasis on lower-middle income countries.
- Language skills a plus! Spanish, French, Mandarin, Bangla, Swahili, Vietnamese all a bonus
Location: Washington, D.C. area preferred
Compensation: $50-65,000 salary + benefits
Global Wave Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ and persons with disabilities.
Send your resume, cover letter and 2-3 links of social media campaigns you’ve supported with subject line “Job: Social Media Strategist” to firstname.lastname@example.org